For explanation of the prayer, please click here.
Parish Priorities 2016-2018
The Eucharist is the source and summit of the Christian life. The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented toward it. CCC 1324
- Choose and lead the assembly’s song to enliven the Eucharist.
- Deepen the understanding of the rites and scriptures in the Mass.
- Create liturgical spaces and experiences conducive for contemplation and devotion.
Love of neighbour is inseparable from love of God. (CCC 1878). The whole community remained faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to the brotherhood, to the breaking of bread and to the prayers" (Acts 2:42). "The whole group of believers was united, heart and soul; no one claimed for his own use anything that he had, as everything they owned was held in common" (Acts 4:32).
[Action plans being deliberated in consultation with Ministry and other groups]
We are called to find Christ in [the poor], to lend our voice to their causes, but also to be their friends, to listen to them, to speak for them and to embrace the mysterious wisdom which God wishes to share with us through them. EG 198
- Animate and facilitate greater consciousness and the living out of the social dimension of our Faith
- Create greater awareness of Catholic Social Teaching
- Promote, encourage and facilitate participation in social mission activities and programmes.
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation 2 Cor 5:18
- Promote inter-religious dialogue in an increasingly pluralistic world.
- Develop a culture of hospitality towards displaced and marginalised peoples.
- Promote ‘a new way of producing and consuming which puts God’s creation in the centre.’ GC 36 n. 29